Monday, May 12, 2008

Racin' stripes!

Darlington stripes, holy cow! Can you believe that kid?!? Smacks the wall 3-4 times, penalized and sent to the back of the line for missing lugnuts and still drives back for the win. Unbelievable! Fan or foe, you've got to give that kid credit, he can wheel one of them cars around. Wow. :)

I see that Mitty takes his turn at the bottom of the pile. It's a bit of a hollow victory, having the high score of the race. Let's hope he doesn't make a habit of it!?!

It seems to be pretty much status quo for the rest of the group. Lew finally falls out of the Top 5 and Kate is eating into Steve Thorpe's lead. Speaking of Steve, I'm pretty sure Thorpe II has Kyle Petty picked and I think I read where he's out of the #45 car for 6-7 races. Just wanna make sure Steve knows he can pick another driver, if he wants. Maybe the substitute drivers will do better than Kyle? ;)

So back to the racing, I really had a good time watching this race. A few wrecks (stupid Sadler...), some good passing, some wallbangin', what more could you ask for?!?

The All Star race is on this weekend with Charlotte the week after. Is it time for Junior to win or what??? Let me know what you think...

'til next time...

2 comments:

  1. I got Jr for a cpl other pools for next week...really hopin he gets this one. The poor guy has come so close yet was so far from it(thanks Kyle).

    As for the last race...lookin forward to the replay on Thurs...I kinda fell asleep after 50 laps and woke up for the last 10...I guess thats where drinkin allday gets ya. I was told I didn't miss much though. Not so sure I like these late night races to be honest.

    ~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice because it gets away from taking up so much time on Sunday afternoon.

    The people at the race don't care, they're there for the race regardless but it at least lets us watch the race live.

    ReplyDelete